Frequently Asked Questions
The captain must sign up first to establish the team, followed by the sign up of the players.
Yes! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about availability for individual registrations.
The early bird fee is $250 – before Monday, September 16, 2019.
$299 after Monday, September 16, 2019.
No. CRA regulations do not allow tax receipts to be issued for event registration fees.
Teams must raise a minimum of $20,000 in order to participate.
There are an endless number of ways that your team can meet and exceed the minimum required fundraising amount of $20,000!
Email email@example.com about getting started on any of the following ways to fundraise. We are here to help!
- Team fundraising events
Ie. pub nights, raffles, etc.
- Posting to social media
Players can post their individual and/or team fundraising pages on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to collect donations online.
- Secure corporate sponsorships for the event
The value of the sponsorship will go towards your individual and team fundraising total.
- Sell tickets to the CAN Pro-Am Luncheon
The value of the tickets sold will go towards your individual and team fundraising total. Stay tuned for details and ticket info.
- Donate items to the CAN Pro-Am Online Auction
Any goods or services (value of at least $50) can be donated to our public online auction. The value of the winning bid will then be credited to your individual and team fundraising total.
- Sell CAN Weekly Hockey Draw tickets
CAN’s annual fundraiser is a fun way for hockey fans to win money while following the NHL season and supporting the cause.
Each team will play 3 games over 2 days. Top fundraisers will also play in the CAN Pro-Am All-Star Game at Rogers Arena.
You must have full hockey equipment to play in the games.
- Attendance at Draft Night (live entertainment, drink & food tickets included)
- NHL locker room treatment (stick tape, sock tape, towel service, personalized stalls & more)
- CAN Pro-Am jersey with personalized number and team name
- Team photo with your NHL Alumni
- Player lounge food & beverages on both tournament days
- Commemorative gift (TBA)
- Opportunity to spend the weekend with a former NHL great!
Teams are permitted a minimum of 11 and a maximum of 17 players. Three additional non-playing team member (ie. coaches, managers, supporters) are also permitted.
Draft Night is Friday, January 24, 2020 at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver. All participating NHL Alumni will be in attendance to be drafted.
Teams draft players in the order of their overall fundraising ranking. The more you fundraise, the better position your team will have to draft!